Sea-Safe Green Lipped Mussel for Dogs
Move over fish oil! Safe-Sea is a sustainable and healthy combination of New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel Oil and Ahiflower. This is the premium oil you’ve been waiting for.
Safe-Sea is a premium blend of 3 pure, sustainable ingredients. No fillers, no heat processing.
For more information including the recommended feeding amount please click the description tab below:
Sea-Safe Green Lipped Mussel for Dogs
Move over fish oil! Sea-Safe Green Lipped Mussel for Dogs is a sustainable and healthy combination of New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel Oil and Ahiflower. This is the premium oil you’ve been waiting for.
Safe-Sea is a premium blend of 3 pure, sustainable ingredients. No fillers, no heat processing. It combines both oils (marine and plant oil such as flax) to give you an affordable and premium oil.
What Makes Safe-Sea Better Than the Rest?
- Sustainable: Farmed fish is fed soy and corn, which adds unhealthy omega-6 fats like linoleic acid. Wild caught fish and squid aren’t sustainable … 25 tonnes of wild fish are harvested for oil and fertiliser each year. And harvesting krill oil robs declining populations of whales and sea animals of their food source. Green Lipped Mussel is sustainably farmed in the pristine, nutrient-rich waters of New Zealand. These mussels grow on ropes and absorb the phytoplankton from the water. Since phyoplankton grows from sunshine, our mussels don’t compete for food with other marine animals … and controlling phytoplankton controls algae blooms.
- Potent: Green Lipped Mussel Oil contains 30 fatty acids, while fish and other marine oils only contain two. It’s also the only significant source of ETA (eicosatetraenoic acid), an important anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acid. Green Lipped Mussel Oil is rich in phospholipids … an important source of omega-3 fatty acids. Phospholipids are better absorbed and are more resistant to oxidation. A 1997 study published in Inflammopharmacology states phospholipids make Green Lipped Mussel Oil 158 times more effective than fish oil.
- Complete: Safe-Sea contains Ahiflower, a plant derived source of important omega fatty acids. Ahiflower contains GLA, an omega-6 fat associated with skin health and reduced inflammation. It contains 60% more GLA (gamma linolenic acid) than hemp oil. Ahiflower also contains more SDA (stearidonic acid) than any other plant source. SDA is a precursor for EPA, the anti-inflammatory omega-3 found in fish oils. While Green Lipped Mussel Oil is one of the most complete sources of omega-3s, adding the GLA and SDA from Ahiflower makes Safe-Sea a complete, premium oil for dogs.
- Clean: Because Green Lipped Mussels feed on phytoplankton, they’re not as easily contaminated with mercury, PCBs, and dioxins like salmon, herring, and other fish. They’re also grown in clean waters. Green Lipped Mussel oil is strictly controlled by the New Zealand government to ensure the supply is high quality and sustainable. Our Green Lipped Mussels are carefully freeze-dried and never heated to stabilize the delicate oils. Every batch of Safe-Sea Green Lipped Mussels is independently tested for heavy metals, PCBs, and toxins. The Ahiflower is non-GMO and grown in the UK and PEI under strict environmental regulations. Every batch is tested to be free of pesticides and heavy metals
Green Lipped Mussel Oil: While fish, krill and squid oil only supply EPA and DHA omega fats, Green Lipped Mussel is more complete. It’s the world’s richest source of ETA, an omega-3 fat that’s well researched for its anti-inflammatory properties, plus other immune supporting fatty acids.
Ahiflower: Forget about hemp! Ahiflower contains 60% more GLA, the anti-inflammatory omega-6 fat. Plus it contains 10x more SDA … a precursor to both ETA and EPA, two important anti-inflammatory fats. Our Ahiflower is non-GMO and grown in the UK and Prince Edward Island, Canada.
Astaxanthin: The Astaxanthin in Safe-Sea is 100% sustainable and natural, never synthetic. Its unique molecular structure makes Astaxanthin the “King Of Antioxidants.” Astaxanthin is 500 times stronger than vitamin E and 6,000 times stronger than vitamin C.
Give once daily for healthy dogs. For immune-challenged dogs, give twice daily or as directed by your veterinarian.
- Small Dogs, 1 to 25 lbs (up to 11.3kg):…………. 1/2 level tsp daily (45 day supply)
- Medium Dogs, 26 to 50 lbs (11.4kg-22.68kg):…. 3/4 level tsp daily (30 day supply)
- Large Dogs, 51 to 75 lbs( 22.7kg-34kg):………….. 1 level tsp daily (22 day supply)
- Extra Large Dogs, 76 to 100 lbs((34.1kg- 45.3kg): 1 1/2 level tsps daily (15 day supply)
- Giant Dogs, 101+ lbs (over 45.4kg)………………… 2 level tsps daily (11 day supply)
Suitable for dogs aged 6 months and over.
Storage & Use
Safe-Sea could be stored in a cool, dark place. But if you have room in your fridge, it will ensure the oils are as effective as possible. If the bottle is open for more than 30 days, then it’s a good idea to place Safe-Sea in the fridge.
Please note: Strict EU guidelines, governed in the UK by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, restrict the use of words and information that may portray a product as a registered medicine. In order to comply with these regulations, a number of our customer reviews have had certain words removed
My boy has been on this for almost a month now. He seems better on it but I’m unsure if it’s this or the shorter walks. It has a fishy smell to it that the dogs appreciate. One thing I do find frustrating is the bottle, when you pour, the liquid always runs down the side so you lose a little at every meal. I will update again when the bottle is finished.
All orders placed before 12:00 Monday – Friday (exc Bank Holidays) will aim to be dispatched the same day.
During busy periods such as sale periods the dispatch time may be slightly delayed.
For UK Mainland Orders 0-2kg we use Royal Mail as our delivery partner.
Delivery Options Available
RM 48 Hour – £5.99
RM24 Hour – £8.99
Orders over £75 will receive RM 48 hour free-shipping. Due to Covid -19 we are not currently offering a non-tracked service.
All international orders are priced on weight and will be quoted at the checkout.
Royal Mail delivery time scales are guidelines and reasonable endeavors. During peak periods these may experience delays however Royal Mail will not refund shipping costs due to delayed deliveries.
Please note that Nikki’s Nesties products are handmade to order and can take up to 14 days to arrive from point of order and will be sent separately from all other items as part of the same order.
Orders which including items labeled on its description as “temporarily out of stock” or on backorder will be dispatched once all items are back in stock.
Any questions on out of stock items please email firstname.lastname@example.org