Dog Product Reviews & Testing: The Doggy Detectives
Do you ever find yourself in a pet shop looking down the aisle's of stuff feeling completely overwhelmed at all the choice?
Not sure which item you should be buying for your four-legged friend?
Does the sales assistant seem to have less of a clue that you do?
Do you trust your dog owner friends more to recommend to you the best toy or new dog bed over a fancy website?
Me too !!
Whether it's an indestructible dog toy, ways to reduce moulting hair in the home, natural health products or even where the most dog-friendly beaches are in the UK, we ask our friends first!
This is why Frank and Jellys was created. To help dog owners in their choices based upon experiences of other dog owners and fur mum and dads and to find one place where all that amazing information is captured and at your fingertips. Saving you time and money.
Our Mission is simple
To help your dog live a long, happy & healthy life by providing you with all our shortcuts based on our experiences and products we have tested.
This is why we set up Frank and Jellys. To give dog owners real advice from other dog owners. Our online shop includes only dog supplies that actually do what they say they do and are value for money. Run by dog owners and everything you see in our online shop has been tried & tested by real dog owners first before it is added.
So how does our product testing work?
- Our team of dog experts spend all their day dedicated to researching new products on the market. Working with industry experts, leading brands and attending specialist shows and seminars.
- If we find a product that we think will solve a problem that you have we consider it for our testing. This could be;
How do I stop all the dog's hair transferring onto my clothes, How can I natural flea and work my dog? What toys are best for my breed.
- We then take it to our testers for consideration in our Facebook group, the link of which is below. If they believe it could be a solution to a problem that they face and it's something that they want to test then we open up to the doors for applicants. This is only done in our private Facebook Group as we want people to feel comfortable and able to give a review be it positive or negative.
- We review all of the applicants against the product being made available to test and only allow the most suitable candidates will be approved to test. We always look to balance our testing in terms of breed and background however due to cost all of our testers must be based in UK inc Northern Ireland unless they are will to cover the additional shipping costs.
- The approved testers are then allowed to purchases the testing product at a significantly discounted rate*.More details around this can be seen in the FAQs below.
- Our testers are then required to return their reviews both to our Facebook Group and under the product which at that time is located in the 'Under Testing' category of our shop. Timescales for the return of the reviews depend on the product type and agreed with testers at the time of testing.
- We at Frank and & Jellys HQ review the product review results as submitted by our testers. If our members do not feel at a majority of 90% that the product is 5* it doesn't make it onto our shop to be sold to our customers. We are the only company that works this way and it is something we are very proud of.
- The product once approved is added under the 'Newly Approved' category on our shop and we will share the results with all of our community.
Product Reviews & Testing :Frequently Asked Questions
Are you paid by companies to test dog products?
We are not paid to test products as we believe this could lead to a perception of bias and some testers could feel uncomfortable in voicing their true feelings against the products they have been chosen to test.
Do you test pharmaceutical products?
Our main aim is to bring you affordable dog products that last and that really work. We believe in natural products over chemicals, and this is reflected in the products we choose to test.
Is Testing Free?
No, unfortunately, testing is not free of charge. Frank and Jellys purchase the testing items. Previously we tried a model of free testing but this lead to a high volume of unsuitable testers applying - as it was free and people not returning reviews and ignoring follow up requests which was very disappointing for our genuine testing community members - of which there are more than 8,000 currently.
Our community relies on these reviews to make the best choices for their dogs so we have to protect their needs above all. However, the testing price is always at the lowest possible cost for us as a company in order to stay in business.
Do you use the products yourself that you recommend?
We also never recommend products that wouldn't use on our own dogs in our daily lives. All of the team use all of the products that you see in our shop and under testing.
What makes your Product Review Group so unique other than testing?
Our members best describe it for us "A place where you can come for free advice and benefit from real dog owner experiences before you ever buy a thing. It's like a free magazine or encyclopedia except so much more, I wish this group had existed years ago I could have saved myself so much in term money and disappointment"
We owe a big thank you to all the furry faces below who form some of our testing community. Paws of love to you for making our product reviews possible, and so many dogs (and their owners) happy!
Ps after you have checked out our videos of what we are currently testing and how it all works and if you think your dog would make a great tester please apply to become a dog product testers by clicking the APPLY NOW button below.
*Please note discounts vary on brand and price of goods and isn't at a set percentage for testers. We work hard to negotiate the best discounts priro to each testing but some testings may offer high discounts than others.